|Version 5 (modified by andreasw, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Here we collect tips and tricks for compiling Ipopt. We invite everybody to add to this page, particularly when you found a workaround for a difficult setting (if you don't mind, it would be nice if you could leave contact information in case someone has problems with your suggestions).
Please read also the COIN-OR current issues page for hints on frequent problems.
Build Process - Visual Studio
- Get source from http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Ipopt
- Following instructions in the README.TXT within Ipopt-3.4.2\Ipopt\MSVisualStudio\v8
- Will need to add in the -DNO_ISATTY flag to makefile.vc in the f2clib
- After compiling, can create a debug version of the libraries by adding a Debug target in the Visual Studio project file (i.e. /MTd):
- Also changed the name of the library files for the debug version to have a "d" at the end of the name. e.g. libCOINHSL.lib and libCOINHSLd.lib
Adding IPOPT Support in Project - With MKL
- To includes within the compiler, add: C:\apps\COIN\include\coin
- To libraries:
- In linker inputs for the project release version (/MT):
- Need to link to: libipopt.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_sequential.lib libCOINHSL.lib vcf2c.lib
- In linker inputs Debug (Multi-threaded Debug (/MTd):
- libipoptd.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_sequential.lib libCOINHSLd.lib vcf2c.lib libmmdd.lib
- Add to ignore libraries:
- Note that the libipoptd.lib directory is the debug directory built previously.
- It is likely that that the problems with the default libraries are from the vcf2c.lib. Building this with debug information could be investigated.
- Haven't tested, but should be able to swap out the MKL libraries with the libCoinBlas.lib libCoinBlasd.lib, etc. that were created in the build process.