TLC Meeting May 29, 2007
The TLC met by teleconference on May 29, 2007 at 1:00 PM EDT.
- Merging development branches into trunk.
- Another CoinUtils release?
- New stable version for Clp/Cbc??
- Implementing auto-generated project pages.
- Follow-up on project review progress.
- Scripts for automatically running build tools.
- Installation verification tests.
- The general issue of getting rid of the development branches of various projects and trying to standardize on trunk as the main development branch was discussed. It was agreed to make a move in this direction and to try as best as possible to keep trunk versions depending on other trunk version and stable versions depending on other stable versions. Due to the recent merger of the CoinUtils? development branch into its trunk, things are currently a bit out of sync. We will make some effort over the next few weeks to fix this, starting with another stable release of the CoinUtils? and the movement of the Clp/Cbc? development branches into trunk, if possible.
- There was a discussion regarding what would be the best method of implementing the auto-generated project pages. Kipp Martin suggested XML combined with an XSLT template. All agreed this was a good solution. He will take a stab at implementing it.
- Project review process is progressing very slowly. It was agreed to wait until implementation of the auto-generated project pages is completed to move further on this.
- No progress has been made on writing the scripts for automatically running the build tools.
- There was a discussion regarding the implementation of installation verification tests. It was agreed that it should be a long-term goal to move project away from dependence on all but the Sample/ directory of the Data project. It was agreed that project managers should be encouraged, when it makes sense, to include the data files needed to run their unit tests in their own project repository. If many projects share similar data file types, a small number of sample files can be placed in the Sample/ directory for common use.
Ted Ralphs, TLC Chair