This COIN-OR project facilitates community involvement in the COIN-OR repositories by allowing OR researchers to contribute code examples, application examples and code extensions and plugins without directly contributing to a regular COIN-OR project. Thus, this project helps bridge the gap between core package development and package extensions. Specific goals of this project are:
- To manage extensions to COIN-OR packages that have limited subversion access
- Allow developers and COIN-OR users to share code and application examples
- Provide a home for auxilliary software tools that facilitate the use of COIN-OR tools
Coin Bazaar Projects
Coin Bazaar projects are managed within separate directories in the Coin Bazaar subversion repository. Subversion access control is used to manage edits for each project. Although these projects are intended for public distribution, the access control mechanism also supports non-public development (e.g. while preparing a publication). Further, this access control mechanism allows for clear attribution of intellectual property. Note that each project is licensed separately, and our intent is not to require that Coin Bazaar projects be licensed consistently (e.g. all under the EPL). Further, note that a CSRO is required for contributions.
- The Coin Bazaar administrators do not intend to provide additional support for Coin Bazaar software projects. Software projects that require administrative support (e.g. building tarballs, nightly builds, etc) should be submitted as a regular COIN-OR software project.
- Documentation for Coin Bazaar is provided on their individual wiki pages.
- Source tarballs are not provided for downloading Coin Bazaar projects. A Coin Bazaar project can be downloaded via subversion:
svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CoinBazaar/projects/<PROJECT-NAME>