Welcome to CoinHelp
CoinHelp tries to help users and project managers to find information about COIN-OR.
Information For Users
The COIN-OR projects that these pages currently apply to are (among others):
- Bonmin, Cbc, Cgl, CHiPPS (Alps, BiCePS, Blis), Clp, CoinMP, Couenne, CoinUtils, Dip, Dylp, FlopC++, GAMSlinks, Ipopt, OS, Osi, Smi, SYMPHONY, Vol
For other projects, please go to the project page available from the COIN-OR projects page for more information.
Precompiled Libraries and Executables
- Linux: By now, many of the COIN-OR projects have been packaged and are available on Linux distributions for installation with a package manager. On Debian, COIN-OR projects are generally named coinor-xyz and can be installed with apt. On Fedora, the naming convention is coin-or-Xyz. Pre-compiled binaries are also available for many projects on BinTray and as part of the COIN-OR Optimization Suite.
- Windows: The easiest way to get COIN-OR projects for Windows is to download binaries from BinTray or just use the Windows installer for the COIN Optimization Suite, which provides Visual Studio compatible libraries and binaries (these are slightly out of date, however).
- OS X: Many projects can be installed on OSX through Homebrew, e.g., brew install xyz. For other projects, pre-compiled binaries are available from BinTray
Quick Source Download, Build, and Installation Guide
For Unix-like systems (Unix, Linux, MacOS X, Cygwin, MSys), the quick download and installation guide works in most cases if you don't have particular requirements.
Detailed Information For Users
Build and Compilation Problems
Please look at the Troubleshooting page for help on how to diagnose a problem.
- Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ page.
- All COIN-OR projects have a page available from the COIN-OR projects page.
- Mailing lists:
- Reporting bugs:
Information for Project Managers
Information for project managers can be found on this page.
Note that these project webpages are based on Wiki, which allows webusers to modify the content to correct typos, add information, or share their experience and tips with other users. You are welcome to contribute to these project webpages. To edit these pages or submit a ticket you must first register and login. (Your browser must be configured to accept cookies.)